Donate to BRUU
You can donate to BRUU in a variety of ways, including volunteer time. You can join a committee, help out in the kitchen, or grab a paint brush when we spruce up the building. We are active in Social Justice issues, too, including running a Food Pantry at BRUU.
You can always support BRUU financially with an annual pledge or one-time donation, as well as volunteer time and energy. BRUU prefers donations via Automatic Bank Draft; that saves us 3% in bank processing fees. If you would like to set up an Automatic Bank Draft for the first time please use this paper form for automatic bank draft authorization for your pledge form and send it to the BRUU treasurer.
- ZELLE: If your bank allows you to send money via Zelle, send your donation to “email@example.com” – just add a memo to specify your designation.
- Stripe: You can send money directly from your credit or debit card via Stripe, also with a memo field to specify your designation.
- You can use the online donation form to start the conversation about your financial gift.
- BRUU has an account with PayPal Giving Fund to help facilitate online charitable donations to BRUU. You can use this link for your pledge payment (supporting our operational expenses), food pantry or community assistance donations, capital fund contributions, Sunday and split-the-plate, or any of our special collections and fundraisers. When donating online, you may use the comments section to specify your designation:
BRUU via paypal
Other ways to donate:
- If you prefer, you can print and fill in this paper form and send it to the BRUU Treasurer at 9350 Main Street, Manassas, VA 20110
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) – How to Donate Stock to BRUU is on BRUUnet. Contact the Treasurer at Ttreasurer@bruu.org for guidance.
Support the Green Team and Order Coffee, Tea, Chocolate or Nuts!
Members take advantage of the spring Canvass drive to pledge funds for the BRUU annual budget. Pledged funds give BRUU a chance to plan ahead for the year. For more information about the annual Canvass, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
But you can donate even when the annual Canvass has been completed through one-time gifts. For special financial donations, contact email@example.com.
You can even donate stock or other investments, reducing the capital gains tax, if the stock has appreciated in value since you acquired it. BRUU members and friend can read more about donations of stocks and investment accounts at donate stock.
Consider contributing to the BRUU endowment by making BRUU a beneficiary of your estate. Not intended to replace the annual pledges which support our day-to-day operations, this fund is meant to be used for unusual expenses, to supply emergency needs, and to provide income for growth and new programs. As a charitable gift, it’s a perfect way to guarantee a lasting legacy. Make BRUU a beneficiary on life insurance, bank and 401(k), 403(b), 457, TSP, and brokerage accounts. No lawyers or accountants are needed. If you’re interested in learning how to direct assets to BRUU contact the Endowment Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.