Sunday Services on Zoom
Please note: The link and number provided in the Roundup weekly email for our worship service will go live beginning at 9:45 a.m. on Sunday. at 9:55 Announcements begin. If you’ve never used Zoom before, we encourage you to sign on well before 10 a.m.
- Our usual order of service is the following:
- Chalice Lighting: We will light the chalice as part of worship
- Featured Program: Varies week to week. You can see the subject in our List of Upcoming Services.
- Offering: We are encouraging you to make a generous offering via this link: https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/bruu-sunday-plate-donation, the BRUU Treasurer would prefer not to handle checks and cash. They are encouraging everyone to shift to electronic giving whether through the above Go Fund Me site or through your personal on-line banking options. Apparently, all/nearly all EFTs incur fees, so you might want to increase the amount of your donation by a few percentage points (3-5%) to cover those costs
- Sharing our Sorrows and our Joys (after recording has stopped) : In addition to readings and singing a few simple hymns, we will also be Sharing our Sorrows and our Joys. If in person, just raise your hand. If in zoom, you make use of the “Chat” feature at the bottom of the Zoom video screen and type what you want to share there – everyone will have the ability to see what you share unless you change who it goes to. OR we will use a feature that allows you to raise your virtual hand and I will individually un-mute people to share via audio. As always, please give us the headlines, not the whole story in great detail. Our Pastoral Care Team (PCT) will receive a copy of the chat and they or I can follow up with anyone needing us to do so. As always, you can e-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or PCT (email@example.com) to let us know how we can help you.
- Breakout for “Coffee and Fellowship” – zoom participants can stay to socialize in breakout rooms.
Using Zoom for the first time?
No Problem. It’s really easy. To get started, follow the instructions below.
- If you need assistance, Ellen Badgley will be available beginning at 9:30 a.m. Sunday. Please call her at 703-585-0787 and she can talk you through it!
- Go to https://zoom.us and download what you need to access a Zoom Room (Go to “Download the Zoom Client” in the top right under “Resources”) It’s free!! OR Go to your smart phone or tablet’s App Store and download the Zoom app for iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Android.